July 9, 2010 Cool Summer Pies
Summer is the best time for my favorite fruits.
Peaches and Blueberries.
There is nothing like sweet peach juice dripping down your arm with each delectable bite. To celebrate these summer eats I thought I would share two simple and cool desserts to enjoy. I was first introduced to Lemon-Blueberry pie when we lived in rural North Carolina. My grandparents had a peach orchard when I was a little girl growing up in Colorado. Not only are these great desserts, but they bring back many fond memories.
2-3 large lemons,
1 package fresh blueberries,
1 8 oz. cream cheese, softened,
1 can sweetened-condensed milk (not evaporated milk),
1 container of froze cool-whip, thawed
1 graham cracker pie crust
**I used all non-fat items when possible and lite cool-whip**
1. Zest one lemon, and juice to make about 1/2 cup lemon juice.
2. Using a whisk, whip together the lemon juice, cream cheese, and milk.
3. Fold in blueberries and cool-whip.
4. Pour mixture into crust and cover
5. Place in fridge at least four hours before serving.