September 22, 2010 Bubble Up Pizza
The other night Alan was gone at a dinner meeting. It was just the kids and I. Theses are great nights to have breakfast for dinner or some other easy meal. Instead of ordering a pizza we made Bubble Up Pizza. If you have ever had Monkey Bread, this is very similar. I made two small 8×8 pans. One for the picky eaters and one for those with good taste buds.
- one large can of biscuits One can is good for one 8×8 pizza
- sauce (pizza or we used BBQ. I also made a butter based one for the picky eaters)
- Mozzarella cheese, or you choice
- additional toppings I used bacon bits and crushed pineapples
- Spray bottom of pan with non-stick spray and heat oven to temperature on biscuit container
- Using kitchen shears, or a knife, cut biscuits into bite size pieces. Place half on bottom of pan
- Place half of the sauce and toppings on top of biscuit layer. Layer with half of the cheese
- Repeat layers of biscuits, sauce, toppings and cheese
- Bake in oven for about 15-20 minutes, or until biscuits are cooked through
It is really a simple dish and a slight variation to the pizza option. Your options are limitless to the toppings and sauce you choose. Be creative.
Also, for my picky eaters, I simply layered biscuits, butter, and cheese. Very similar to a pull apart cheese loaf.