March 2, 2011 How to ask to have a Sleepover: 101
Being the mother of a preteen has its challenges, but there are many fun times too. The oldest recently sent me the following email that her BFF had come up with.
ok well remember these rules to talk ur parents in having a sleepover:
- only make it a suggestion at first
- make sure to put something in the convo. (conversation) to benefit something like the fact we r even doing it is because we want to talk to ur neighbors about Christ and it would be better if we could do that in two nights
- don’t’ let them answer quickly, give ’em time to think about it
- if ur busy don’t complain, just ask if we could do it a different time
- MAKE SURE THEY SAY YES! JK